Hey, it’s Miss China Zi Lin Zhang who took the Miss World crown, after all. Of course, it’s not because the pageant was held in China. Look at her. I’m seeing an Asian sort of Jessica Alba, for some reason. And because she’s the special girl of the hour, I’ve taken the liberty of stealing the following Zi Lin Zhang trivia from around the interwebs.
- Miss World 2007 Zi Lin Zhang has also won Miss World 2007 Top Model title, one of the five fast track events in the competition. Thus she automatically secured a place in the semi final round.
- Zi Lin Zhang is the first Chinese to have won the Miss World title.
- Her victory was not surprising as she was one of the favorites beforehand according to different betting sites.
- Zi Lin Zhang received the Miss World 2007 crown from the reigning Miss World 2006 Tatana Kucharova from Czech Republic.
- She was born at Shijiazhuang in the Hebei province of China.
However, Zi Lin Zhang moved to the Capital Beijing and grew up there.
- Zi Lin Zhang studied at the University of Science and Technology from where she completed her graduation in Business Administration.
- Zi Lin Zhang will travel various countries around the world representing Miss World organization over the next year.
- Zi Lin Zhang was working as a secretary in a Beijing based company before coming to the final of Miss World 2007.
- She loves different track and field sporting events.
- Zi Lin Zhang likes fruit, chocolate, and ice cream.
- More than 2 billion people across the world watched her victory in the final day of Miss World 2007 beauty pageant.
- Zi Lin Zhang was the tallest participant of Miss World 2007 competition with 182 cm height.
- She has got a typical Chinese look with svelte physical physique which made her more attractive.
- Zi Lin Zhang likes to travel, read, write and watch movies.
- Zi Lin Zhang believes in the phrase “Where there’s a will there’s a way.”
- She has become the 57th winner of Miss World beauty pageant since its launch in 1951.
- In the top five, Zi Lin Zhang had to face Miss Angola, Miss Mexico, Miss Sweden and Miss Trinidad and Tobago. Almost all of them were favorites for the crown.
- She is the ninth winner of Miss World 2007 from Asia Pacific region.
- Zi Lin Zhang likes to enjoy classical and folk dance and folk songs.
Miss World China Zi Lin Zhang (above) won in a sub-competition at the currently raging Miss World, which effectively places her among the top 15. The 1st runner-up was Miss Puerto Rico (Jennifer Guevara, R) and 2nd runner-up Miss Mexico (Carolina Moran, L). Finally, I’m seeing a girl from China I’d like to slaughter chickens for.
Categories: 5 China Babes
, Zi Lin Zhang
| Comments Off